Embarking on a tennis court resurfacing without specifying your requirements to the contractor is like setting out on a journey with no destination in mind, you might end up in the woods, in an outlawed state, or even a dungeon, so at the end of the day what you see is what you get. And regrettably, this is a mistake most persons make that often results to tennis courts surfaces that are quite different from what was initially desired. Therefore you must ensure that you hand in your defined surface specification to your contractor before the resurfacing work begins.
When giving out a tennis court resurfacing contract to a company don’t always base your decision on the price but rather your choice should be defined by the ability of the company to meet your resurfacing specifications and requirements. If a company can’t undertake certain resurfacing procedures on your court then you should have no business engaging its services. These procedures include the following:
- Ensuring the thorough cleaning of the court surface with a pressure washer.
- Tackling depressions on the court surface by leveling it to reduce puddles and also repair cracks properly.
- Making sure that voids in the pavement are properly filled with the use of a filler coat.
- Proper application of the required number of surfacing coats in line with the manufacturers’ directives.
- Ensuring that the coatings are mixed appropriately and also make sure that the ideal type and required amount of sand and dilution is used.
- Adopting the recommended application method such as the squeegee, striping etc.
- The above procedures should form part of your specification to resurfacing company while handing over your tennis court resurfacing needs.
Most tennis court construction outfits offer a standard set of guide specifications that clearly highlights the procedures that should be followed in resurfacing a tennis court. Their stipulated procedures often involve aspects of surface preparation such as;
- Cleaning of the surface.
- Proper repairs of cracks.
- Leveling of low spots.
- These outfits also offer mixing and application directives for the resurfacer, colored surface coatings, and stripping.
Never contact a roadside tennis court construction or resurfacing company to handle your resurfacing work rather, do a bit of research on the internet and also through your local directory for a professional, reputable and highly experienced company to resurface your tennis court.
Note that, it’s not all tennis court resurfacing works that require hiring professionals. In fact, there are certain minor resurfacing works you can do yourself such as painting, changing of the net, etc. For issues as minor as this, you can conveniently do-it-yourself. But in a situation where you have extensive damages or cracks, ensure that professionals are called in to handle it.
In conclusion, ensure that you carry out your tennis court resurfacing every 4 to 8 years in order to keep your court and surface in good shape all through the seasons.